24 Aug 2012

SCHNITZEL

Yesterday was my first full day back in Austria and it felt a little weird being back here after such a long time in the UK. but the sun was shining and it was a beautiful day so I decided to make the best of it.
me and my mum went out for breakfast at Tribeka, one of our favourite breakfast coffee places ever, plus it's only a five minute walk away.
I had a marzipan croissant and a black vanilla iced tea which was delicious! I'm really glad they started doing iced teas now, perfect for a summer day like yesterday.

after breakfast we went to the market where we got some raspberries and some pork escalope for the schnitzel we were going to make for dinner.

I have to say that even though I love some austrian food every once in a while and I really like Schnitzel, I never really make it myself because most of the time it's just a lot better in a restaurant. but yesterday me and my mum decided to give it a try again, and I have to say it turned out really nice.
with the Schnitzel we had some Green Bean Salad (although the beans were more yellow) with onions and pumpkin seed oil. 
pumpkin seed oil is a Styrian speciality so unless you're styrian yourself or have been here before, you probably won't know it, which is a shame because it just makes every salad special. I think I might actually do a post about it at some point, for all of you who are wondering what all the fuss is about, but for now all you need to know is that it's dark green, comes from pumpkins and is probably the thing we are most proud of here in this region.

let's have a look at the meal.


Green (Yellow) Bean Salad
with Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil



Original Austrian Schnitzel


It was a really nice meal and for stuff like that I'm glad to be back in Austria. But I will definitely take some Pumpkin Seed Oil with me next time I go to the UK! I just can't live without it!

I will definitely post some more stuff about austrian food and also about Pumpkin Seed Oil. 
We'll be having a BBQ tomorrow so there might be something about that up soon. 
Still summer here in Austria!


Magdalena.


P.S. thanks to Geraint for editing my photos. check out his Website, because he doesn't only take pictures of the food I make!
www.geraintphotography.co.uk

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This schnitzle makes me hungry.. :)