14 Oct 2012

#14 SALMON STEAK WITH COURGETTE-CHIPS



hello everyone,

first of all I have to apologise to everyone of you who has been checking my blog only to realise that I haven't posted anything for weeks. 
It's not that I stopped cooking, but I haven't really had the chance to cook anything that's worth putting on here.
I started uni two weeks ago and I'm still getting used to it so when I come home I'm tired most of the time and I cook but all I cook is some rice with some chicken breast or some pasta with some vegetables, and I know all of you can think of these things themselves.
I write this blog because I want to inspire you with things that you might not think of yourself or that you might not make everyday.

so I promise you that I will try my best to keep doing that, I need the cooking anyway to relax and just forget about everything else, so I really hope you'll keep reading it and keep giving me feedback like you did before. thank you all.


well about the salmon, I love salmon, and me and my mum usually buy a fillet but this time we decided to try the steak.
so I think it was wednesday when I came home from uni and I remembered that there was this lovely salmon in the fridge, all I had to do was figure out what to do with it.
since I had never made a steak before I figured I'd try something simple...



Salmon Steak with Courgette-Chips
(for two people)

2 salmon steaks
1 glove of garlic
1/2 lemon (juice)
coconut fat

1 courgette
olive oil

first of all, simply marinate the salmon steaks
in the lemon juice and the minced garlic.
set the salmon aside.

preheat the oven to about 180°C

cut the courgette to make equal pieces
(I just cut whole rounds but if you want
something else..be creative)
grease a baking sheet with the olive oil
and put the courgette on there aswell.
put in the oven for about 10 minutes each side
don't forget to turn them around!

(if you're making rice with it aswell you'll want
to start cooking it about now)

heat a pan with the coconut fat (or whatever you're
using).
carefully remove the garlic bits from the salmon
so they don't burn.
roast the salmon over high heat on one side
for about 3-5 minutes (depending how thick the steak is)
then turn around carefully and leave on the other side
for about 3 minutes.

the courgette chips should be done by then and if
you're making rice it should be aswell.
arrange everything on a plate and enjoy!





Magdalena.

No comments: