29 Dec 2012

drinks #2 HOT CHERRY PUNCH





I have been quite busy lately, had my last exam a week ago and now I should be studying for the next few but first I have to finish my personal statement for my university application. It's a good thing that from time to time I just get to write something on here where I don't have to choose every word so very carefully. And where I can share my recipes with all of you.
But really I can't wait to actually get back to University and studying again, I know it's weird but it just makes me happy, just like cooking does.

So today I've had some of my best friends visiting and wanted to make something for them that would warm them up a little. It is not as cold outside as it usually is this time of the year but still cold enough to need something to warm you up.

We had this cherry juice left which I got for christmas dinner but no one ever drank it so I thought why not make this into a lovely fruity hot punch.
Just need to add some spices and there you go, really easy and something your guests and friends will definitely love. (Mine did anyway).




Hot Cherry Punch
for about 6 mugs full

1 L of cherry juice
200 mL water
1 cinnamon stick
3-4 cloves
2 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp cointreau
2 tbsp brown rum
4-5 tbsp breandy

heat the juice and the water in a pan,
add the spices and the suger and bring to a boil.
Lower the heat and leave to simmer for about 5 minutes.
Carefully remove the spices from the juice.
Add rum, cointreau and brandy, but make sure
you do so when the juice isn't boiling anymore.

serve hot. you can also add some cherries if you like.

enjoy!




Magdalena.

No comments: