10 Jan 2013

#23 CHICKEN WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE AND GNOCCHI




So this is something that just came to my mind one day. Mainly because my mum had bought some mushrooms and mushrooms are that kind of thing that I only ever think about making when they are already in the fridge. Same with gnocchi really.
I love mushrooms and I love gnocchi but they are both not really the first things that come to my mind when I think about what to make for food and well, as you probably all know, sometimes we don't have time to think much further than to the first thing.

But then again, sometimes we should and that day I did and it came to my mind that gnocchi would work really well with some chicken and a lovely creamy mushroom sauce. So in a way those things really fit together very well. in many ways.



Chicken with Mushroom Sauce and Gnocchi
for two

250 g chicken breast
(lemon, flour)
8-10 mushrooms
3 slices of streaky bacon
1/2 onion
parsley
150 ml cream
gnocchi

if you like lemon, marinate the chicken in some
lemon juice while you prepare everything else.

chop the bacon into tiny pieces and heat it in a pan.
(without any oil).
chop the onion and add it to the bacon.
chop the mushrooms into chunks and add them to the
pan when the bacon begins to lose its fat.
fry everything until the mushrooms start to lose
water. lower the heat and wait until the water
has disappeared.

once that happens, add the cream and salt to taste.
chop the parsley and add it to the sauce.
leave to simmer over low heat.

you can now heat the water to cook the gnocchi.
meanwhile, heat some fat in another pan
and fry the chicken.

the gnocchi don't take long and the chicken bits
only need about 4-5 minutes aswell.

serve everything together and enjoy!





Magdalena.


No comments: