6 Jan 2013

#22 QUICK MEAL: FETA VEG




Well I'm back in uni tomorrow and I'm really looking forward to it actually, the only thing I'm not looking forward to is not being able to post as much anymore. But lucky for you and for me I have prepared some recipes so that I can still post while I'm busy studying. 
And being back in uni or work comes with not having enough time to cook properly, or so you think. But here's another one of my quick meals to make it easier for all of you working or studying.

It's another quick meal especially for all of you who like to eat vegetables but sometimes don't know what to do with them.
Because sometimes you just want some fresh food but just roasted vegetables are a bit too boring or just not the right thing. Well at least to me that happens sometimes.

I absolutely love feta cheese, it's amazing in greek salad but you can also do many more things with it. Just like I did here, use it to spice up your vegetables a little and make simple roasted veg into a lovely mediterranean meal.

I had it with rice but it is also really lovely with pasta, potatoes or just by itself if you want to avoid carbs.


Feta Veg
for one person

1/4 courgette
1/4 red/yellow pepper
1 tomato
1-2 slices of feta cheese
a few basil leaves
(you can also use aubergine or any veg you have)

simply cut all the veg into equally sized pieces
(that way they will be ready at the same time)
heat up a pan with olive oil or coconut fat
and fry the veg for about 3 minutes.
cover the pan for about 5 more minutes and the
veg should be done.

cut up the feta cheese and serve the veg with
whatever side dish (or without) you like.

enjoy!




Magdalena.


1 comment:

Bintu@recipesfromapantry.com said...

Yummy. Seriously yummy.