19 Aug 2013

#46 BLOG BIRTHDAY DOUBLE LAYER LEMON CHEESECAKE

as promised, here's today's special little blog birthday cake recipe. it's nothing too special in fact but cheesecake is just something I love and haven't made for a while, it's also a nice and fresh kind of cake which is perfect for any time of year in my opinion.

I made this cake in my little cake tin just because I won't have a massive amount of people over and I don't want it to go bad before me and my mum manage to eat it all, I also love this little tin for trying out things. however, the measurements in the recipe will all be for a full size cake so don't worry about having to convert or anything. it's a really quick and simple cake recipe, I hope you enjoy it.


Double Layer Lemon Cheesecake

300 g biscuits
150 g melted butter

zest of 2 lemons
700 g cream cheese
4 eggs
150 g sugar
100 g flour
2 tsp vanilla extract/vanilla sugar

start by simply buttering your cake tin. set it aside afterwards.


you'll then want to somehow crumble all your biscuits to really fine crumbs, you can use whatever method you want to (tea towel and hammer etc) I just like to do it like that because it's the most fun. just make sure you don't hit them too hard because then you'll end up with the biscuits all over your floor and yourself.

then, melt the butter and mix it together with the crumbs. you'll also want to now preheat your oven to 160°C.


take half of this mixture and line the cake tin with it, press it down and put in the fridge for ten minutes.



next you take the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla and simply whisk it all together to make a smooth paste.


now take out the cake tin and spread half of the cream cheese mixture on top of the biscuit lining.


take the other half of the biscuit mixture and add spread it over the cream cheese.


you'll now add the final layer of cream cheese mixture (also try not to have wasps eat it before it goes in the oven like this one wanted to do with mine). it's now ready to go in the oven. you have to be patient once it's in the oven, keep checking on it using a wooden skewer kind of thing seeing if there's still bits of cake sticking to it. altogether it'll need about 30-40 minutes, but the easy preparation makes up for that.


once it's ready, you can leave it like that or if you're using it as a birthday cake decorate it as you wish and enjoy.

Magdalena.

3 comments:

TheFreshFresher said...

The double layer is SUCH a good idea - also lemon cheesecake is one of my favourite desserts of all time! Happy blog birthday ;) mine must be soon, although it's had several incarnations.

Magdalena Hannah said...

I was really happy about that idea actually, I thought wow how cool would that be! and I'm so glad it actually worked! thank you :) xx

Becci Charlton said...

I'm not normally a fan of baked cheesecakes but this looks delicious! Lemon cheesecake is so refreshing and light. Xx