27 Aug 2013

#47 VEGETABLE (AND BACON) LASAGNA

I made this when I had really been fancying lasagna for a while (that seems to happen to me all the time with all sorts of food) but I really didn't have the time (or kept telling myself so) to make a proper lovely sauce for it and everything, I like to do it properly when I do it. but as I've always wanted to experiment with the lovely baked pasta dish I thought well, why not do a quick and easy one with a little twist because I love bacon and tomato sauce.

if you also feel like making lasagna is too complicated to make it as a quick meal then maybe this is the recipe for you. it's not mega quick but certainly quicker than many other lasagna recipes and it's also got lovely fresh veg in it.


Vegetable (and Bacon) Lasagna

1 pack of pasta sheets
1 can tomato puree
1 courgette
1 onion
1 green/yellow pepper
8 olives
1 clove of garlic
olive oil
salt
(8 slices of streaky bacon)

1/2 L milk
1 tbsp flour
salt
nutmeg

1 mozzarella
parmesan

now this sounds like a lot of things but it really isn't and for this lasagna you don't have to spend hours in the kitchen, it's as quick as it gets.

start by pre heating your oven to about 180°C and straight after cut up all your vegetables and the bacon. heat a frying pan with the bacon in add the vegetables and stir fry for about 7 minutes. add olive oil and salt to taste. set aside.

in the meantime you can mix the flour with the milk and heat in a pan, this might seem tricky but don't worry if it gets lumpy, just grab your hand held blender and blend until smooth. add more flour if needed to make it a creamy sauce. add salt and nutmeg to taste.

now take your dish and start with some of the vegetable sauce, pasta sheets, then vegetable sauce again, then white sauce and so on. on top it should be (well that's how I like it) pasta sheets and a bit of vegetable sauce and then top it all off with the cheese.

put that in the oven for about 20 minutes (it'll state on the pack of your pasta sheets how long they will take). take it out of the oven and leave to rest for about 10 minutes.

you can now cut it into pieces and enjoy with some salad and iced tea.




do you love lasagna as much as I do? I do love to make it with the sauces you can buy from time to time when I have a night in with the boy, but I wanted to show you how easy it can be to make a vegetable version even if you don't have as much time. let me know what your favourite lasagna is.

Magdalena.

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Mmmh, I´ll try it soon :)