13 Sept 2013

Guest Post #5: SOPHIE'S TUNA, CARROT AND CHEESE PATTIES

as I am currently in the process of moving, I have found some lovely guest bloggers to take over for me until I'm all settled. today's lovely guest post is by Sophie who blogs over at Soph-isticated, I am especially happy to have a fellow food blogger as my guest blogger today, let's see what recipe she's going to talk about.

Guest post by Sophie Broomfield
A 22 year old blogger from the West Midlands, UK; Sophie is the author of http://soph-isticatedblog.blogspot.co.uk/ a lifestyle and food blog.
A wonderful quick and healthy mid-week dish that you can make from store cupboard basics; I served mine with cajun spiced chips but would also go nicely with a fresh salad. 


Recipe makes 4 patties

Ingredients:

1 can of tuna in water
1 carrot, grated
½ onion finely chopped
50g wholemeal breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
25g cheddar cheese, grated
Handful of fresh parsley, chopped
Pepper to taste



Recipe:

1. Preheat the oven to 180c and put a little bit of olive oil on a baking tray

2. Drain tuna, and put into a large mixing bowl and mash with a fork
3. Add in the grated carrots and cheese along with the onion, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg and pepper
4. Mix it all together
5. With your hands, shape the mixture into 4 patties and arrange on the baking tray
6. Bake for 20 minutes, turning the patties halfway through baking

Note: This recipe has been adapted from the Change4Life App

thank you very much for your post Sophie, I hope you all enjoyed this post, make sure to check out Sophie's blog over at Soph-isticated, you can also find her on twitter here.

3 comments:

Leah (Just Me Leah) said...

Yum! They sound lovely. x

Magdalena Hannah said...

they really do don't they! I'll have to try them aswell :) xx

Leah (Just Me Leah) said...

Yes, they're making me hungry! x x