30 Jul 2014

Wednesday Wishlist: Bedroom

Being a student in the UK means moving to a new place is on the agenda pretty much every summer. However, unlike most other second year students I am not moving into a house with 5 coursemates, instead after having lived in a house with two housemates last year I decided to get my own little studio flat. I managed to find one that was affordable and could still fit me in it so I'm pretty excited to be moving in.

As the flat is furnished I hopefully won't have to buy too much furniture myself, but I know there will be certain things that I will need to get as I haven't really bough many things for my place over the last year. I have spent many hours on the internet looking for things I might need/want so I thought I'd share them with you on here, starting with things for the bedroom. There will be a bed in the flat but that's about it so here are some things I've been looking at.


1. Quilt Cover - IKEA
Considering I owned just one set of quilt and pillow covers for about 4 months last year (which yes, I did wash) I am quite proud of myself to have this on my list this early. I do now own two sets but I believe three is a good number and this floral one is perfect for me.

2. Floral Throw - Butlers
I've been after a floral throw for ages, I had my eyes on one from dotcomgiftshop for a while but that one is way too expensive. To be honest this one from Butlers is still too expensive but I have hope that one day I will find one I can afford.

3. Cushion Owl - Butlers
One can never have too many own themed items. I already have an owl called Henrietta who sits on my bed during the day so I am sure she would welcome an owly companion.

4. Green Cushion Cover - H&M Home
I'd like some decorative yet practical cushions in my bedroom. Since I won't have a sofa I will probably use my bed for things like watching films or tv shows on my laptop so some more cushions would be very useful. I love the mint colour of this one especially, and it's currently on sale (fingers crossed it stays like that until I can actually order it)

5. Rose Party Lights - dotcomgiftshop
In all honesty I have no idea where I would put these, maybe on my bookshelf? They're not the most necessary items and this version isn't exactly affordable either. So if someone finds a cheaper version please let me know.

6. Bedside Table - IKEA
I definitely need a bedside table this time around, using a pile of magazines wasn't the most practical thing to do but it worked for the last ten months I guess. This little item from IKEA is perfect, it's really affordable and would go with the other pieces of furniture I might buy. Definitely on my 'to buy' list.

7. Green Alarm Clock - dotcomgiftshop
Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while might recognise this item, it featured on a wishlist last year already but I still want it and thought this would be a good reminder for myself to finally get around to buying it. Wouldn't it look lovely on my bedside table?

8. Moon Over Soho by Ben Aaronovitch - eBay
I am currently reading the first book of this series, Rivers Of London and I absolutely love the style of it. It combines both crime and magic which are two things I love to read about so I cannot wait to read this second book of the series.

9. Autumn Bergamot & Grapefruit Candle - Flamingo Candles
This is the perfect scent for a cosy autumn evening which makes it the perfect bedside table candle in my opinion. I tried this scent as one of flamingo candles' scent melts and loved it so I couldn't stop myself from ordering the candle version when they had 20% off the other day.

xx

2 comments:

Rachael said...

Oh I love that bedside table, especially for that price, you can't go wrong there!

Magdalena Hannah said...

thank you! I definitely agree :) such a good price isn't it? x